Friday, July 26, 2013

On to 3rd year of Medical School!!!


So Dan is finished with 1st and 2nd year of medical school!!!!!
What does this mean?
Well, he is out of the classroom and into clinics 
and hospitals!! YEA!!!!!
He does 6 different rotations during the year, 
and this is hopefully helping him decided what route
he wants to take as a doctor.

First rotation is OBGYN. Let me just say....
he knows he does not want to be an OBGYN DOC!!!
He does enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but it is
not what he wants to do for a living.....
So he is finishing his 4th week today.
His first week he got nightshift.......  I had to put
on my big girl panties right away!!! If you know me you
know I don't stay alone overnight. BUT I did it!!!!!
We were redoing Ty's room at the time, so he was sleeping
on our floor on his blow up mattress.  I really enjoyed
him being in there :)

Each rotation this semester is 6 weeks long:
OBGYN
Physiology 
Pediatrics
Family Medicine

Next semester he does 2 rotations that are 10 weeks
plus an elective for 4 Weeks:
Internal Medicine
Surgery
and he will pick his elective when it gets closer to time.


This pic is Ty being excited (we prompted him...)
that 1st and 2nd year are OVER!!!

He is standing with all the material Dan had to read/study
ahhhhhhh  I could NEVER do it!


No comments: