Friday, October 15, 2010

Settling in!!!!

We are finally setting in... or at least I feel that way now. Things seem easier and we are getting better at this mom and dad stuff. I know I told you I was doing a blog on breast feeding... but my husband suggested I did not do one on that subject. He told me there are psychos out there that might enjoy it a little too much. So I will respect him and just say a few words...

I will start by saying it is the hardest thing thru my whole pregnancy, birth and being at home. It is only getting better, and really is pretty great these days. The soreness is only getting better, and I am figuring out things I am doing wrong, and correct them to make things better! He is a champion eater, and I like it b/c he is eating away my weight!!! hahahah Also because there are sooooo many health benefits that come along with breast feeding. Ok thats enough....


Ty is 3 weeks old today!!! WOW... where does the time go?? It has been a blast. The first week was all about learning, and now these last two weeks we are starting to really feel like parents. We actually probably look like we somewhat know what we are doing. hahaha maybe!! Ty is (Thanks the Lord) a happy baby. He only cries when he needs to eat really. He does not seem to mind a dirty diaper... but don't worry Dan and I change his diaper ALLLLLLL the time. WE are going thru the diapers. I think we use about 15-18 in 24 hours. But they are always dirty when we change them. Ty LOVES to "shart", yep sure did just say that, as soon as he gets a new clean diaper on. Loves it!!!! He is growing so fast.... think he might be in his newborn clothes at a month... been in premie. Thats is why you might notice he wears the same thing all the time. I promise I wash his clothes. We did not want to buy a ton b/c we knew he would not have them for long... so I pretty much wash every night or every other.

Tink is doing great with him. She like to check on him and enjoys kissing his feet. Our doctor said it is good for Tink to do that. It helps Ty build his immunity (I think that is right).

Medical school update:
Dan has had 5 interviews @ TCOM in FW, Tech El Paso, Lubbock Tech, San Antoino, and A&M.
He has another one @ Southwestern coming up. So he will have had 6 interviews. I am so proud of him! God is so faithful. Dan has loved them all, so we will see where the Good Lord leads us.

Here are some recent videos of our little man!!!!!
Ok well I tried... but it wont let me upload my flip videos.... ANY IDEAS??? HELP!!!!!

1 comment:

The Campbell Family said...

Cheering for TCOM in FW!! :) Yay! :) Hope the interviews go great for Dan! Just want to say breastfeeding can be very challenging ESP in the beginning!! After two months it's well established and will be way easier! The soreness should fade soon, I recommend lansinoh cream if not- it really helps for showers too, etc. Glad Ty is such a happy baby! Enjoy every minute! I can't believe how quick they grow!