
Well I guess Tink would not like that title... so it should be And 3 became 4... hahaha
Well let me start off by saying anyone who is scared of child birth... please talk to me. My experience was INCREDIBLE!!! nothing less. I know not everyone can have a great birthing experience, but mine was just that. 100% pain free and 100% enjoyable.
It was just a normal Friday morning (Sept. 24) and tinker had been sick and not getting better so it was time to go back to the doctor AGAIN...
I woke up @ 9am and WARNING--- I am not holding anything back on this post... it's all coming out!!! So I woke up and set up and felt almost like I did a little tinkle in my panties. Thought nothing of it b/c at this point in the pregnancy (38 weeks) anything makes you pee your pants... you just pray your not in public when it happens. So Because this was my first time with all this I did not know what the "water" would look like when it breaks. I continued to get dressed and eat some cereal (praise the Lord I ate something b/c it was a long time till that happened again, boy I was starving all day). Still feeling little spurts of wetting my pants. I wondered if it might be my water breaking, but I had Sick Tink on my mind and that was it. So I was off to the vet. Now if you know Dan and I well or maybe not even well, you know how much we LOVE our Tinker... she means the world to us. So I go into the vet tell them everything and had to leave her there... ahhhhh not good. So I walk out and the tears began to fall. I open the car door and proceed to sit in my seat... sat down and down came lots of liqud. It was like a forsure i just peed my pants. Then the phone rings.
It was Dan here is our convo,
Me: " Hey Dan, I just dropped Tink off
and I am being a cry baby, and I
think my water just broke..."
Dan: "Hey the hospital is calling
I will call you right back."
Me: "OK"
I proceed to go get some papers I needed to take back to the vet about Tinker.
Dan calls back:
Dan: "Hey what's up?
Me: "Well I just dropped Tink off and I am being a cry baby
and I think my water just broke..."
Dan: "What?????? I did not hear that part...."
And so on, but he missed what I said and it was funny.
So Dan tells me to call the Doc. and see what they say and he was going to deal with Tink. I call the doc and they send me strait to the hospital. my pants are just getting more and more wet. Thank the Lord they were black cotton. As I am walking up to the hospital I call my mom and dad. Dad did not answer and mom did. I was still crying as I walked into the hospital. Know telling what all the people thought about me. I went to the restroom first still thinking I might have to peed my pants real bad and boy my pants were WET!!!! So I get off with my mom and head to the 4th floor. They were waiting on me (my awesome doc office had called to tell them I was on my way). I go thru the doors and there the nurse was... I had to explain why I was being a cry baby b/c my eyes clearly were not normal.
WOW I have written so much and story has not even started.... Sorry guys!!!
So I get into my room and they ask me 5 million questions. Dan gets to hospital during this time...
So water starts leaking @ 9:00 am
10:30 am I get to hospital
So now the test, honestly I forgot how it went.... I know they had a strip that somehow got the liquid I was leaking and if it showed two lines it was amniotic fluid, and if just one then it was not go time... So I had two lines and there was no turing back. I was not leaving teh hospital with out my baby!!!!!!!
So they tell me how things will go: At some point they would have to induce me, so they needed to get my IV going. It could be fast, but they did not expect it to happen too fast. I think they were kinda thinking it might be middle of the night. Also they wanted to give me time to see if my body would go into labor on its own before they induced me, but being aware that yes my water had broke and they had to get baby out sometime soon.
I had had no contractions up to this point at all... not even braxton hicks, just some pelvic pains. They also check me and I was 2 Cm and don't remember what % effaced. Maybe 20% or 30%. I did start having some little contractions on my own, but nothing bad and not close enough together. I loved watching the machine with Ty's heart beat and my contractions... we enjoyed that.
2:45 PM started Pitocin : This changed my contractions big time... and quick. I started feeling them, but still not a big deal. At about 3:45 PM a nurse came in and said she needed to make the drip faster because contractions were not close enough still, but were 3 minutes apart, they wanted 2... So she turned it up. big change again. Maybe an hour later she came in and asked how my pain was on a scale of 1-10.... I told her I hated that question b/c I did not know what ten felt like. So I told her maybe about a 5 or 6... Still not horrible, but just uncomfortable. She said well let me check you and see if we have any progress. I keep reminding her to not forget my epidural!!!!! So she checked me and I was @ 5 cm and i think about 70% effaced. She said whydi you not tell me you were in lots of pain??? I told her I did not know what would be bad.... anyways @ about 5:05PM they gave me my epidural. Now I was a bit nervous about this part, but it was no big deal!!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!!!
Now if you remember I have two cervix and he was always on my right side, so we knew he was coming out my right cervix. I say that b/c when the doc gave me my epidural he told me it can be a little stronger on one side than the other... well that is exactly what was going on with my body... See my left side was completely numb, but my right side (side he would be coming out) was NOT!!! AHHHH I was so nervous about it. He said it is no big deal it does not mean you will feel the pain over there, it still will work fine. But that is hard to believe when I could still feel a little bit in some places. Well I keep bugging the nurses about it and they keep telling me it will be fine. And it was!!
5:30 PM checked me again and I was still 5CM and now 100%. So it was getting closer b/c I was 100% effaced.
6:30 PM I was now @ 8cCM
About 7:00 PM my parents get there, I am now in the delivery room and got to talk to my parents before the birth.
About 7:15 PM Holli Davis had brought Sara form FW and I got to see them before also.
8:00PM ish time to kick everyone out.... it's go time!!!!! My dad said a prayer with everyone in room then they left! To be honest I was not scared... HOW??? not sure but God was helping me out for sure!!!!!
8:15 Pm ish Start pushing... I told my nurse I have no clue what I am doing and asked her if she was going to help me... hahaha of corse she was, what was I thinking???
So Dan was on one side and the nurse on the other. I guess I was thinking they would put me in stirrups and hike my knees up to me head... but I was wrong. Dan held one leg andthe nurse the other... And here is what we did. Every other contraction we, I mean I, would push for 3 ten second intervals. So here comes the first one.... deep breath in hold it and push for 10 seconds, let it out and real quick get another deep breath, push for 10 seconds, and do that one more time. Then skip next contraction and pick up again after that. So not too bad at all.
So I did this for about 30-45 minutes with the nurse and Dan and then they called the doc in. Ty's heart beat was falling when I would push, so they wanted the doc to come in and needed to speed up process a bit. They put me on oxygen, so Ty would be getting more, and they had to put a heart rate monitor on his head to better read his heart rate. I push a few more times and Doc says we have got to get this going... he was very sweet and calm (like my dad) and was telling the nurse, Dan and I that I was going to push one more time and then....... I did not hear the .... and I freaked out. I turned to Dan and said what did he just say in a panic. I thought he was going to have to do c-section. I was wrong. Dan told me they would have to get the vaccum. Ok biggy compared to c-section. So I pushed as hard as I could and my face was on fire. hahaha So he did not come out so they got the vacum. Still needing to get him out he said Ok I am going to have to cut you.... I told him go for it, wondering why he had not doen that along time ago. But he told me he tried not doing episiotomys unless he just had too. So he did it and I pushed one time and head came out....
Doc: "So there is the culprit"
Nurse: "Yep that was the problem"
Dan was watching so he knew what they were talking about.....
ME: No clue what's going on and again me: "What's wrong, What's wrong????"
The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and that was causing his heart beat to slow. Ok so it felt awesome when his head popped out... like a pressure relief. Now time for shoulders. One more push and out he came!!!!! Felt awesome again!!!!!
9: 35 Pm Ty Dalton gave into this world!!!!!!
So I pushed for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Not hard at all. Twards the end it was getting hard to hold my breath for those 10 seconds, and I was getting tired. But I can so do that again!!!
I am feeling AWESOME!!! I tell Dan give me the camera and I was taking pictures while Dan was videoing.... I got stitched up for a while, and Dan got to watch everything they were doing with Ty right there in our room.
Over all it was an INCREDIBLE experience. If anyone out there is scared about having a baby, please talk to me. I had an awesome pain free experience and loved every minute of that day.
Ty is the most Amazing thing that has happened to Dan and I and we could not be happier!!!!!
Now if you ask me what was the hardest part of being pregnant, having the baby, or coming home??? I would tell you how sore your boobs and nipples get... hahah so the truth though. I will post a blog all about that later. But honestly that has been the worst part to me, but I am past that and breast feeding is sooooo much better. Really does not hurt much at all anymore.
Tomorrow the 8th he is 2 weeks old..... crazy how time flies by!!!!! Will blog soon about other stuff. But we are doing awesome and Ty is just GREAT!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations!! I agree, child birth is nothing compared to recovering after. I honestly believe you could do it without an epidural, I did and the pressure just gets stronger as you dilate. The hardest part without drugs is pushing. But at least with the epidural you are pain free from the time you get it. Again, I am so happy for you guys and we wish you all the best!
Marisa
Post a Comment