Saturday, August 20, 2011

Just talkin....

Ty is sleeping (taking his 3rd nap of the day) and Dan is studying in the chair next to me while I write this. I have decided it is time to do another half marathon to get myself in top shape before baby 2 decides to come. I actually decided a while ago, but I am about to start my training. I thought if I write about it on here it will keep me accountable for the training. I am running it with my brother Zach and his wife Jordan. Stan (older bro) is running the full Marathon. I sure wish I could do that with him, but I don't think I have it in me to do it. Also with Dan being in school it would be hard to spend that much time running b/c he can't help out as much with Ty. If it were cooler and I could run with Ty it might be doable. But not with this heat.

I am ashamed to admit this but I am going to do it... I did not start working out again until Ty was 10 months. WHAT????? WHY??? I don't know. But as soon as we moved to SA I said enough with that. I knew I needed to get into some shape before I tried to train for this half. Oh yeah it is in Nov. right here in SA!!!! All this to say training starts Monday!!! Right now I am running indoors on a treadmill, but the gym I work out at has a running club that runs outside so I think I will try that sometime soon... I love Lifetime Fitness!!!!! The Best!!!! Ty loves it too! They have an awesome childcare center that lets you leave your kid for up to 2 hours while you go work out. LOVE IT!! I was nervous at first to leave him b/c he has never been to any kind of daycare, but it honestly is good for him to be apart from me for a bit. I am never gone longer than an hour, I just can't do it....

Ok so this week for training is easy. I will run 2 miles Monday, 3 Wednesday, 3 Friday, and 3 Sat. Hopefully I can run early Sat morning outside before Dan has to study. I will lift on the other days and take Sunday off. As the distance gets longer I will probably lift less. I am so excited to start this!! Here is the website for the Rock and Roll 1/2 and Full Marathon if anyone wants to join!!!!!

Thats all for now... Have a great Sunday Worshiping our Great God!!!!

PEACE!!!!

2 comments:

Mariann said...

So, I am all about running a 1/2, I'm debating whether I can do it right now though, but I may join you in your training and run in Novemeber if ya'll don't mind an extra person!!

Emily Felts said...

Way to go Bethany! I guess today is your first day...hope it goes well. Kudos to you for setting a goal...you will do great!