So Wednesday I thought it would be funny to do a belly flop on my back bumper... NOT!!!! But that is what happened. I was going to return something to Walmart and it just so happened to be at the way back on my trunk. So as I was leaning in the trunk my feet slipped out from under me and my belly went strait down on my bumper... Now I don't remember how bad or really anything about it, except that I knew it took my breath and I thought that could not be good. Well the one time something happens like that I also think it would be funny to leave my phone at home... so no phone to call my husband. So I thought I am already here I am going to run in a return my stuff and get the two items I need. So I did and I did it as fast as I could so I could get home and tell Dan what had just happened.
I tell Dan and we decided I should call the doctor. I tell them it really might not be anything I just did not know when to call or when not to call (later we found out that you call ANYTIME anything strikes your stomach). So we did the right thing. Well I tell the lady and she goes and tells my doctor and they sent me straight to the Labor and delivery floor of my hospital... WHAT????? So we are off to the Hospital. They were waiting on us when we got there. We get in the room and tell what happened and they hook me up to 2 monitors. One is the heartbeat monitor for the baby and the other is a contraction monitor. I remember that my doctor told me on the first visit we ever had that after 20 weeks if anything happens you go strait to the labor and delivery floor incase you go into labor, so that is why we were there. He had been moving and kicking so I really thought everything would be fine, but knew this would make us feel better if we had someone check me out.
His heartbeat was GREAT!! (more news about that in a second) and I was having normal contractions... Ok here is something we learned yesterday... you have mini contractions from conception WHAT???? it is true!!!!! you have them about every 15 minutes until it is go time! So one time she told us ok you just had a contraction and we both about flipped!!!!! Thats when she told us... so that is neat!!!! They then wanted to start an IV just incase they needed a line they would already have it going. While doing that she took three samples of blood to send off to check for: My levels, see if baby blood cells were in mine, and I don't remember the last one. Maybe something about seeing if I was bleeding inside???? IDK
Ok well my doctor came by and said all is well and you can leave after you have been here 4 hours... well Praise the Lord I was just 10 minutes shy of that marker and I was starving all I had to eat was a bowl of cereal @ 10 that morning and it was now 5:30... AHHHHH so my sweet husband took me strait to eat at the Beehive (great great place in Abilene!!!!!).
Ok so the neat news. Today I am 26 weeks, but Wed, I was still 25 weeks. When the nurse put the heartbeat monitor on my tummy she knew I was 25 weeks along and then told us this: She said at 25 weeks babies brains are not developed yet to where the brain sends messages to the heart when it needs to pump faster or slower, it stays pretty much in a strait line. Well not our baby!!!! So like when babies kick or move around @ 25 weeks the heart beat will stay about the same, b/c the brain does not know to tell the heart to beat faster. Ok get the point????? So on the screen his line was all over the place and she was amazed!!!! She has been working labor and delivery for 30 years and has never seen this. She told us to start saving for Harvard!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So already our baby's brain knows to tell the heart to speed up when it moves and kicks. HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! She called over to my doctor's office and had them pull up the screen to watch. We were proud parents!!! We can not wait to see him!!!! 98 days!!!!!!!
Thanks for reading! Have a great 4th weekend!!! Peace out!
2 comments:
Hi Beth, I am so glad you and your little one are okay - and that was interesting info about his heartbeat...if I were you guys, I'd start saving for Harvard now - ha!
Aww so fun! Isn't it fun to hear them and feel them move?!? Maybe he'll be here earlier than you think? :) Glad he's a strong little guy and glad you both are ok!
Post a Comment