Ok so I know some more Info. if you have not read the last post... start there
Sara is right now waiting to hear if any of her siblings are a match for a bone marrow transplant. She will find out Monday. If they are not the will continue the search for a match. She has the greatest chance of a match with her siblings. She is on a new pill that will bring her white blood cell count down, and as soon as they bring it down to a normal level they will start Chemo. They say this should be in 4-6 weeks. Chemo will be one week, and then she will be so sick they want her to stay in the hospital for about 4 weeks after that. She will then get the transplant. After the transplant they have told her to stay no less then 10 minutes from the hospital b/c her body will easily attract any disease or illness at this point. This is why they want her close in case something happens she is right there. Also her body is likely to want to reject the new white blood cells and think it is an infection b/c they are new to her body. So she needs to be close in case this happens. I think that's all I know at this point, but she goes to the doctor all the time and comes home with new news, so i will try my best to keep you updated.
On a positive note.... KARA IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!!! AHHHHH it has been so long. She has been on her second study abroad. She is home for good this time!!! YEAH!! She is coming straight to Abilene and I can't wait to hug her neck!!!
We have a busy weekend and it starts tomorrow... Kara and Sara are coming to Abilene tomorrow afternoon. Friday we are having a cousin dinner welcoming Kara back and seeing Scottye off (tear... still very bitter about that). Saturday morning Ben graduates from ACU and we are having lunch with some of the family and then Saturday night is the big celebration at a good fancy steak place close by in Buffalo Gap called Perinies (probably spelt wrong...o-well).
Sunday we will all go to church and eat yet again. Dan is headed home with Sara then so he can go to her appt. on Monday. I will work Monday and Tuesday and then head home tuesday after work so we can fly out wednesday morning to DC. So ready for a break and DC will be so fun!!! I can't wait! We are in DC from Wednesday - Monday and back to work on Tuesday. I will have the rest of that week. The last week of school will be a breeze. We have a holiday on Monday and Thursday and Friday are half day. So if I can just make it to DC then I will be good. I need summer.
Anyways this must be the worlds longest post and I am sorry, but thanks for reading! Love yall and love your prayers!
Thanks and God Bless.
1 comment:
It's hard imagining Sara going through all of that. I hate it. :( Hopefully everything passes without a problem and she begins a quick recovery. Yay for DC. You are going to have such a great time!! Enjoy your vacation and seeing Cliff. :)
Post a Comment