Training is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Saturdays are the long runs and this week it is 8 miles. We did 7 last week and it was not bad at all. I have one of those fancy gadgets that tells me my pace, time, distance, and calories burned. It is pretty sweet I must say. So anyways I say all that to tell you that we were not going to check our distance until we knew we had been far b/c we did not want to hear 3 miles and know we still had 4 left. That would not be OK with me. So we waited and found out at 5.6 miles. We were like not bad only 1.4 more. Well the last 1.4 miles were HORRIBLE!!!! It's like we knew we were about to be done we just checked out then. We ended up finishing pretty good tough. Our goal is to always run at a 10 minute pace. We finish 7 miles in 1 hour 13 minutes so that just over a 10 minute pace so we were happy. Now lets see if we can make 8 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes.
This marathon thing started with just my little brother Zach and I saying we were going to do it. Well I was in Fort Worth at the time and he in Waco so we could not really ever train together. Well now I am in Abilene and I convinced Scottye to do the marathon also. So I have a training partner and poor Zach does not. He is having to do all this by himself and that's horrible!!! We have talked a few people into running the 1/2 that day also.
Guess that's all (and enough) for today!
1 comment:
Welcome to the blog world!! I was glad to find you on here... it will help us to stay up to speed on your fam!
Kudos on the marathon thing. I've tried to run, but I just don't like it!! I do my turbo jam videos instead!! haha
Post a Comment