Thursday, September 19, 2013

Twins are here!!!!



Friday, September 6 10:45 PM and 10:46 PM
and it was a quick one!!!!

Here is the story:
This is totally for me to look back on someday and for
my babies to read so if you don't want to read... Don't!

Friday @ 10:30am I had a sonogram to check and make sure
the babies were growing... I was 35 and 1 day
Babies looked great and were estimating about 
4lbs 10 oz (Addie Kate) and 4lbs 8 oz (Jace)

We left the appointment and I had to potty. I had the slightest amount
of blood. So little no one else would have noticed. I told Dan and we
debabted going to tell the Doc... We did not want to go to the hospital
if we did not need too.  It's no fun!!!!!

So he heads back to work and I head home. Dan tells me to 
act like I am on bedrest... and I did. Ty and I took a nap.  Since my 
appointment I could tell something was not right.  Dan got home early 
that day and we tried to figure out what was going on.

I was having pains and felt as if my water could break at any moment.
We were both in denial that this could be it.  I started monitoring my pains,
which later we realized they were in fact contractions. They were not horrible
so I did not think they were contractions.  But when monitoring them we 
found they were coming pretty often. I had about 6-8 in 30 minutes,
but they only lasted about 30 seconds - 1 min and  we did nothing....
Bad decision on our part...

We decided to have our go to girl Caitlin, she is dan's distant distant 
cousin here in town, head over in case we needed to go to the 
hospital. 

She shows up at 9:25PM
While she was on her way Dan called a medical friend whose wife
is an OBGYN and asked her opinion and she said we should go in.
So that was the plan.

9:30 I walk into Ty's room to get Ty's PJ's and 
water breaks.......

So we are off to Hospital for sure! And We are going fast.

We get to the OB area by 10 PM and I get check right away.
I am at a 7 and they feel Addie Kates foot and leg.  Well both
babies are breach so I was going to have C-section. I already 
knew that going into this.

Dan had left his car at the emergency entrance and had to go move it.
So Doctors and nurses are going crazy to get me to the operating room ASAP. 
I call Dan and tell him and they start wheeling me into the OR without Dan.
The on Call Doc was acctually my Doctor before she starting doing more
for the university and less delivering. So that was great, until she told me, 
"I am probably going to have to do a vertical insision on your skin...." 
I instantly told her "No."  My Doctor had already told me he was 
not going to do that.... AND b/c I was such a rear case he told me he
was going to deliver me no matter when it was. So I said call him now!!!!!

They did and he was at home and was not sure if he would make
it on time... we were praying hard!!

So I am on my way to OR and we run into Dan!!!  I was glad to see him.

They get me into the OR and Dan waits outside while they do my spinal. 
Not bad at all!!! Thank you Lord!

They are litterly doing the last minute prep before they begin surgery. 

The reason this Doc on call wanted to do a vertical insision is bc I have
a semptum in my utrus and I had twins and they had no clue how all this
was going to play out. Even my Doc did not know. He was going to have 
to make decisions as he entered and saw what it all looked like. There are
only 4 cases ever recorded of having a uterin septum with twins.  So...

So no joke... 2 minutes before insision my doc walks in !!!!!!!!   
PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!

He says Hi and gets going. It is now 10:30 and insision was @ 10:31PM.

So water breaks at 9:30PM and insion was at 10:31PM
Pretty darn fast!!!! 

Sergery was GREAT, and Addie Kate was born @ 10:45PM 
4 lbs 4 oz and 18 inches long
and 
Jace Stanley was born @ 10:46
5 lbs 2 oz and 17 inches long. 

Just Perfect and Precious!!!!!!


God was sooo good to us and knew this is how it all needed to happen.
If I would have had anytime to think about the C-secion. I would have
lost it b/c I was scared/nervous.  So it was perfect it happened so fast!
Thank you Jesus for taking care of me and my babies!!!!!
Sweet baby girl.....
Addie Kate is still in the NICU, going on day 14




Sweet baby boy...
 He was in the NICU for 5 days and came home on 9/11/13

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'm praising the Lord for having His hand all over every detail of the twins' delivery!! Thank you for taking time to write this out! And please post when Addie Kate comes home!

Gentry and Jordan said...

They are so precious! I'm a nicu nurse and know how tough it is to have 1 there and 1 at home. I understand now that they are both home, yay!!! Congrats!